The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Our Opening Day pictures:

A view of the Opening Day parade from one of Cincinnati's many skywalks.Posted by Hello
This is the only time of year that you will be able to find this many Reds fans in Cincinnati. Come June you won't be able to find one if you put out a $10,000 reward. But I guess that's what happens when a team finishes consistently in fourth place.

My best friend Chris, enjoying some red beer. Cincinnati Reds - red beer - get it? har har Posted by Hello
I've known Chris since I was 16 years old, and he's one of the most quality people I've ever met. A recent face-to-face meeting with a toilet bowl and a bathroom floor doesn't prevent Chris from enjoying some nice, caustic red Miller Lite.

Sweet P, in the wrong uniform, but still my favorite pitcher.Posted by Hello
We paid face value for these seats from a scalper. I almost shit my pants when I actually sat down in my seat and realized how close we were to the field. I could see the juice flying off of Pedro's jheri-curl. Bad ass.

I like this pic. Posted by Hello


. Posted by Hello


Petey gets his at-bat on. Posted by Hello
One thing that always surprises me when I see Pedro in person is how short he is. I think he might be like a shade shorter than I am - for real. He's just a lil' fella. But he always looks so fierce on the mound that you can never tell on tv.

Carlos Beltran.Posted by Hello


Enjoying some burritos at the Comet after the game. Posted by Hello
By now we were all totally wiped out from drinking in the sunshine all day. The game was pretty cool. The Reds hit a walk-off homer in the bottom of the ninth, and since I've never seen a walk-off win before it was pretty exciting. Even though I could give two shits about the Reds. I was just sort of sad that whatever dumbass from the Mets' bullpen blew Pedro's win. But it was an awesome day, and goddamn I'm glad that baseball is back!