The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A couple things about yesterday's spring training game:

1. Juan Perez sucks.

2. I heart Big Papi.

3. I just don't really miss Derek Lowe.

4. I'm not sure why, but I always find myself rooting for Anastacio Martinez's success. I can't figure it out. It's been this way for a couple years now. It's like I feel bad for him or something. Like whenever I see him get put into a game, I'm always like "Okay, give this kid a break for once." Usually whenever a mediocre relief pitcher (I'll be honest with myself, that's all Martinez is,) gets put into a game I'm thinking, "Oh great, here comes this incompetent motherfucker. I wonder how he'll manage to foul things up this time." But whenever Anastacio Martinez comes up I turn into Stuart fucking Smalley, like "Anastacio, you can do it, cause you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone-it, people like you!" In reality, however, I know that about the most useful thing Martinez could do would be to pick up a metal folding chair and beat the living shit out of Byung Hyun Kim, which has only vague connections with actually throwing a baseball. Wow. That thought gives me more satisfaction than it actually should. Think about the fucking damage Anastacio Martinez could deal down to BK! I'm getting giddy. Have I mentioned how much I hate Byung Hyun Kim lately? Cause I hate him. Hate his guts. I'd love to see him stuffed into a rusty metal garbage can and thrown down a long steel stairwell.

5. Have I mentioned yet how much I hate spring training games?

6. Pedroia looked good yesterday. Ortiz looked pretty much like I would if I tried to play first base in yesterday's game: fucked up.

7. Boy was that ESPN announcing piss-poor.

8. Twelve more days until Opening Day.