The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

I can't believe I am actually going to type this: I have never had more respect for any of the Yankees than I have for Jason Giambi. Gary Sheffield, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Big Mac, I-Rod, whoever, go fuck yourselves. You can't carry Giambi's tiny little steroid riddled jock. When every major athlete who was nailed for cheating (as that was taking steroids is), they either denied it until they were under oath. Only then admitted to thinking it was hand lotion or a sports drink (Sheffield and Bonds) or have all together just straight up denied it (McGwire and Sosa, even though Sosa looks more comic book character like than human being).

Giambi came clean. He said he took steroids. His post steroid career has been a joke. The Yankees want to void his contract (fucking pay it already, you offered him the money), and have signed Tino Martinez, the re-replacer. Martinez was let go to make room for Giambi, not it is full circle.

I actually feel bad for the man. Because of the legalities of the BALCO case, he can't even acknowledge what he talked about, as his"confidential" grand jury testimony was leaked to a newspaper. All he can do is say he is sorry. Who hasn't made a mistake? If you were a marginal baseball player, had a wife and kids, and stuck making $1000 a month in the minors and you could get an edge that might lead you to enough money for you and all of your families lives, wouldn't you consider it? I know I would. Have you ever bad-mouthed someone to get ahead? If the answer is yes, than what makes Giambi worse than you? At least he admitted to the world that he fucked up, which is more than most people can say.

I still hate the Yankees with every ounce of my being. I want them to have the highest payroll in baseball and loose every game in the most humiliating way possible. I hate Jeter, A-Rod, Tino, Sheffield, Matsui, Rivera, Moose, Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano, even though last year I could give a shit less about him, Torre, and especially the little rat man, Jorge Possada. I hate all of them. This has been my mantra every year, except now I am a Giambi fan. Although I want every Yankee to hit .086 and want Andy Pettittee and Roger Clemens to combine for more RBIs than the whole Yankee team, I want Giambi to do well. Show people you can do well clean and seriously fuck yourself when you take steroids.


Sarah's Rebuttal:
Well, everybody, I've long suspected it, and now here is proof that Paul is a better person than me because, as they say, "to err is human, but to forgive is divine." I'm nowhere near forgiving that son of a bitch worm Giambi, much less rooting for his cheating ass. I don't care how many times he says he's sorry. I don't care if he shows up at my house with a case of Newcastle and a mountain of Indian take-out and seventeen latina strippers and gets down on his hands and knees and begs me for forgiveness, I still wouldn't like the guy.

I haven't forgotten the two homers he hit off of Pedro in game 7 of the ALCS - the same game the Red Sox lost by one fucking run. In my mind, Jason Giambi stole from me, he stole from Pedro, he stole from the 2003 Red Sox and he stole from every Red Sox fan, and I hate his guts. Perhaps my sentiments should be tempered by the Sox's 2004 championship, but I find that when I remember game 7, I still feel sick to my stomach a little bit. So fuck you, Giambi.

But Paul, you're a little angel! :)