The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Saturday, January 15, 2005



As my friend Frakes said, "I can't wait to watch that baby cry."

This is the first year of my life that I have ever felt the need to make requests of the Football Gods. I've just about worn the ears off the Baseball Gods - so frequent and urgent were my demands of those guys that they finally broke down and just did something about it. But the Football Gods are a new and untapped source of blind faith. I'm not asking for much. I'm just asking that Peyton Manning gets his ugly ass trampled on Sunday evening. That's all. I want the field to look like the Swamp of Despair in "Neverending Story" and I want Manning to be Artex. I want this to be Manning's Waterloo, his "Waterworld," the worst day of his fucking life.
And I want Richard Seymour NOT to be injured.
You got all that, Football Gods? It's a pretty simple request, right?