The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Saturday, December 18, 2004





Celebrity Death Match This shit is just getting silly. Why doesn't everyone involved just shut the fuck up? Hey Pedro, way to poop on your legacy, pal. Is it not enough that I have had to watch my baseball hero bail out of Happy Airlines Flight 2004 with a golden parachute strapped to his back - do I really have to hear the shit talking? Hey Pedro, I can talk shit too: I've seen crackheads outside of blood banks with better hair-dos than you. You have a fake grill. You sit/talk/run like a gay man. Your brother looks like Charlie Murphy. Nice ERA last year. Way to throw an old man down. But talking shit doesn't make me feel any better about the situation, and I doubt it makes Pedro feel any better either. It just makes him sound like one of the most bitter men alive. He made his bed, he can now don his silk-and-gold-brocade pajamas and lie in it.
In other, more merry news, the Sox signed Matt Clement. If you combine Clement and Wells' numbers from last year and compare them to Pedro and Derek Lowe's numbers from last year, the Clement/Wells duo is actually better. Apparently Theo & Co. aren't asleep at the wheel after all.
Shit. I gotta go to work.