The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

So Pedro finally got around to filing for free agency like I knew he would. Which is fine, like I said: I expected it. What never ceases to amaze me about the goings during the hot stove is how men who are already multi-multi millionaires will quibble over an extra million or two, even when the team making the contract offer is one they have been playing for forever and whose fans they profess to love. "My heart is in Boston," Pedro said. "If I don't end up coming back, it's probably because [management] didn't try hard enough." Or maybe because Pedro didn't try hard enough. I'm optimistic about the Sox working things out with Pedro and Varitek. And if they chose not to work them out with them, then I feel confident that Theo has an excellent plan B that will make him look like a fucking genius sometime around next May. But it always makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach to think of Pedro leaving, and I hate when he starts in on his "I love Boston but it just looks like they don't want me around" bullshit. Just shut up and negotiate, willya?

Speaking of bullshit, it's nice to know that the American people are stupid enough to re-elect an evil, idiotic, spoiled-brat war-profiteer who is probably going to eventually get us involved in world war three, ban abortion, and ban stem cell research. And eleven states voted to ban gay marriage. It's like I'm watching the country move backwards right before my eyes. So let me excercise my First Amendment rights by saying:

Fuck George Bush. He's an evil son of a bitch who stole the last election and then conned people into electing him for a second term. He's probably celebrating his reelection by doing bumps of coke off of stripper's tits and driving drunk. I am severely, severely disappointed in my country today for being a bunch of dumb, blind sheep who vote according to moral and religious beliefs, not according to what is good for our nation. That's all.