The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Just read this. And it sucked. But.

Even if Tek leaves, even if Pedro leaves, even if Little Buddy leaves, especially if Derek Lowe leaves, I will still love the Red Sox. None of those players are absolutely essential to the Red Sox being competitive and/or entertaining, and if any or all of them leave they won't take my loyalty with them. It makes me feel bad emotionally that the players would want to leave the team since I watched them all these years and watched them finally win the World Series, but I know that is how the world works. It's just business. Obviously the players don't love the team like we the fans do, and I think it's always been that way. So if Tek wants 5 years at $50 million dollars and a no-trade clause, then fine. Do I wish that he would just stay where he is most loved and most appreciated? Ya. But I also wish that I could really stick my head under the surface of the ocean and find Bikini Bottom and eat a Krabby Patty with Spongebob and Patrick, but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

Dude, the Sox won the World Series. And nothing is going to bring me down after that. I've got good memories to last a lifetime, even if memories are the only place where I can go and watch my favorite players still dirty up a Sox uniform.

Oh, and check out this cool article about Cabrera and Renteria.