The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Tomorrow it starts. The ALCS. I'm not even nervous yet, I just feel like I'm sitting around waiting for something to happen. Chef asked me to work another six-day week this week and I couldn't say no. For one thing, I need the money. For another thing, I would jump into a lake full of pirhanas if chef asked me to. I'll feel a whole lot better when I have that $400 dollar paycheck in my hand this Thursday...and besides, Mike and I have to save up. My dad promised us last night, as we sat in the cabin of my parent's boat watching the Dodgers/Cards game, that should the World Series end up between the Cardinals and My Team that he would take Mike and I to a game in St. Louis. And that would be fucking sweet.

Speaking of being on my parent's boat, after having spent most of the day drinking beers in the sunshine on their dock I somehow found myself in the cabin wearing a plastic bucket on my head and swim goggles in honor of Pedro. Go figure. I knew I should have brought my camera. And a midget.