The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Sorry I've been a bit irregular with posting lately. Life is whacky and full of surprises. I haven't watched a Sox game since the night that they clinched, which makes me feel all weird and disconnected from the team. I even missed Little Buddy's three-run homer last night. And I found out that I have to work six days next week...six days. During the playoffs. Not a single night off to watch a game. I went through this last year. Do you know how hard it is to concentrate on cooking fish and making sauces etc. when the fate of your favorite sports team in the whole fucking world with whom you've lived and died for the past six months is hanging in the balance and you have no way of knowing what's happening?? I mean ya, we set the VCR every night and tape the games, but it's not the same as it is in the regular season. These games matter. I MUST KNOW.
Oh well. No sense in getting worked up about it - it won't change anything. Nothing to do but go in and concentrate and apply myself, and try not to be hungover every day like I was last year. Mike and I are watching the last game of the season today - I can't believe it's here already!!!
GO RED SOX!