The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I couldn't stay in bed this morning. Even though our apartment is freezing cold, even though we didn't get to sleep finally until way past four in the morning, I just can't stay in bed.

Life is simply too cool right now.

Schilling is a fucking amazing individual. "I want to be like Curt," Mike said after the game was over. "I want to be like this whole team," I answered. And Bellhorn, I'm sorry that I doubted you. You were right, I was wrong. I grovel at your cleats for forgiveness.
Today is going to be one of those "Sarah goes into work early because she can't stand to be idle for even one second" days. Another Game 7. Can I stand it? What if they lose? But what if they win? Whatever happens, could you please get just one RBI, Manny? Please? Just for me? Do it for the kids, man. Do it for your mom. Do it to rep tha Heights. Do it for someone, anyone - please, just do it. Manny, if you get an RBI today, I will buy you a case of Tahitian Treat, a bag of Cheez Nibs and a pack of ZigZags. On me, kiddo.

And, on a totally unrelated topic, my sweet, loving husband just got me a totally pimped out, XXL Ty Law jersey as an early birthday present. If I had to pick one word to describe it, that word would be "playa." Nuff said.