The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

And just like that, it's over.

No más beisbol. The Sox won the World Series, but in a lot of ways it still hasn't really sunk in. I have brief, rolling flashes of understanding, but for the most part I'm still shocked. Even watching the victory parade wasn't enough to drive it home.
And now it's back to normal life. Winter is coming. So is my birthday. The hot stove should be fun this year, seeing how many free agents the Sox have. I guess I'll get around eventually to writing about who I'd sign if I were Theo and all that stuff, but I just don't feel like it right now. I'm going to miss baseball. It's not so bad when there is still football on, but after the Super Bowl it SUCKS. I hate basketball and I don't like to watch hockey on television (which is a moot point this year anyhow,) so there isn't shit to do. I wish I could just hibernate like a bear and wake up in spring training.
But now I've got tons of time to do other shit now, like read, play my violin, listen to music, sleep, work, draw.

~ Posted by Hello
Sigh.
The offseason.