The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Monday, September 06, 2004


Well if this guy isn't happy and settled in, then I don't know who is. Cabby (also known affectionately around our house as "Little Buddy,") went 2-4 in yesterday's 6-5 defeat of the Texas Rangers with a double and an RBI. Schilling had a 4-hit, one-run game going into the the ninth inning. Mike and I had plans to go downtown to meet Trip and his old man for a couple beers at five o'clock, and right as we were bustling around the house getting ready to go the ninth inning started. I looked at the tv. "Tito shouldn't have brought Schilling out for the ninth. There's just no reason for it! Bring some bozo out of the bullpen and save Schill's arm for another day." Mike agrees with me from the bathroom where he's primping in the mirror. I reluctantly pull my eyes away from the tv after Schilling gives up a basehit to Eric Young. We're literally in the open door, ready to leave, when we hear Schilling give up a two-run homer to Michael Young. Mike and I just stare at each other, then make mirror faces of disgust. And thank god we left then and saved ourselves the ignominous performance from Keith Foulke that followed. But the Sox held on, and they head off to Oakland with a near-perfect homestand behind them.
The Oakland series is going to be tough, but I think the Sox are up for it. Johnny Damon should be back in the lead-off spot tonight, whoopee!