The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Friday, September 03, 2004


Un. Fucking. Believable. Posted by Hello
Nine in a row, ladies and gentlemen.
Thinking about it just doesn't get old. Nine in a row. A 4.5-game lead in the AL Wild Card. A 3.5 game deficit in the AL East. And a team that is on fire like Michael Jackson's jehri-curl after a Pepsi commercial.
Not to get into specifics, but yesterday pretty much sucked for me all the way around. One person close to me quit work, another person close to me got fired, and I lost my station partner to an unforeseen promotion. But goddamnit, the Sox won. It was the one good thing in my day yesterday, and just calling it "good" doesn't do it justice. I was home from work by the time Varitek threw the lead runner out with no outs in the ninth inning. And when Keith Foulke retired the final out on a pop-up to Cabby, there were tears in my eyes. And in Mike's eyes. We almost literally wept for joy. The last time we did that was when Ortiz hit that go-ahead double in game 4 of the ALDS, only that time we just openly cried/laughed. A sweep of the Anaheim Angels...and here I was, thinking that 2 out of 3 from them would be great...Unbelievable.
Tonight John Wasdin (yeah, John Wasdin,) goes up against Pedro Martínez. Let the good times roll.