The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004


Tito and Co., this means YOU. Posted by Hello
Way to have a shitty fucking game.
Kazmir, ese jodido mamaguevaso, became the second opposing pitcher out of the last five to almost shut out the Sox. (I'm excluding Gil Meche because he actually did shut them out.) Nearly everything that had been going well for the Sox broke down today. Even Pedro with his nine strikeouts managed to give up a season high 5 walks and two homeruns. The defense was half-ass. The offense was downright angering (except Trot, who managed to bring my toe-tips about 3/4 of an inch back from the ledge with his two-run homer.) And thought the Sox were finally in the clear after that whole "everyone on the entire team goes on the DL this year" thing? Think again! Whoopsie - Bill Mueller got pulled after the fourth inning with a sore knee.
I want to say such vitriolic and hateful things right now that even I know that I don't mean them and I'll regret them later if I say them out loud. So I'm not going to. I'm going to show a little restraint. Or as my station partner, Trip, would say, while jabbing his finger in my face: "Show a little self respect, a little fucking dignity, will ya?"
Suffice to say that my confidence has been shaken. I'll just leave it at that.
p.s. I hate Gabe Kapler. No, he didn't do anything bad today - or rather, he didn't do anything worse than what he normally does - I just don't like the guy. How many times do you have to scream "JUST DON'T SWING AT A GODDAMN THING, ALRIGHT???" at your television screen before you just write somebody off as a lost cause?