The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

So Mike calls me last night right after I got off of work. I'm on the toilet in the bathroom of the bar, and from deep inside my left pocket I hear "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" start up, so I dig around, pull out my phone and say "Hi, baby!" all excited like. "How was your day, blah blah blah, did the Sox win?" and Mike says "Ya, they won, but I think Manny got hurt." I'm trying to pull up my pants and talk on the phone at the same time. I'm like "Ya right, what did he do, slip on a greasy french fry on the way out of McDonalds and fall on his Happy Meal? Seriously. Did they really win?" "No, I really think Manny got hurt," Mike says.
Fast forward four hours, 6 beers and four or five shots later, I'm at home on the computer literally almost in tears, more or less having this conversation with a non-existant God: "Why? Why?? WHYYYYY?????"
I know it's supposedly not serious. But goddamn this shit is getting old.