The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Saturday, July 10, 2004


Sox shut out Rangers 7-0 and Red Sox Nation goes to bed happy again! (Some of us might have even gone to bed too happy.) Posted by Hello

I had to pull out the Hangover Cup this morning - a huge, plastic Great American Ballpark 2003 Inaugural Season souvenir Reds cup that holds about a quart and a half of water. When I strike it rich I'm going to have a trough built on the side of my bed for mornings like this that I can just dunk my entire head into and gulp water like an animal.
But who cares about that when the Sox played such a fantastic game last night! Itemized list:
1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers You can't fool me - I know that wasn't Kevin Millar at first base! That was his brother Carl Millar. Carl Millar seems like he wants to win a Gold Glove, making several great defensive plays including but not limited to TWO line-outs into double plays. Kevin must have been out getting a new gun rack installed on his pick up or something. Won't the real Slim Shady please stand up??
2. Johnny Damon is on-freaking-fire! Can you believe this guy? Wow. That's all I have to say, just Wow.
3. Mark Bellhorn Personality Watch Everybody: I saw Mark Bellhorn smile last night. Apparently the lights are on AND somebody's home. While it did bring me some measure of satisfaction, (I actually cheered and clapped,) I was also left with a strange empty feeling. It's like you spend five years training with a Sherpa to climb Mount Everest and then you do it and the next day you're wondering what the hell you're going to do with the rest of your life. I'll just have to find something else to occupy my mind with during games...undressing Manny with my eyes is always good to fall back on when I'm in an imaginative slump. Speaking of Manny...
4. Manny's Bobblehead Boyfriend If Derek Lowe does nothing for the rest of the season (and let's face it, he probably won't,) at least he brought that ridiculous Bobblehead Pedro into the dugout, making me feel an emotion OTHER than anger and disgust for the first time since the '03 ALDS. Priceless.
5. I know it can't last forever, but aren't winning streaks just fucking wonderful?