The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

I know that it's only three games into the second half, and perhaps I shouldn't be so negative, but I'm quickly losing hope for this team.  I mean, even if they do manage to make the playoffs I have serious doubts about their ability to compete.  The mediocrity and half-assedness of this team is so inexplicable that I'm just casting about for a scapegoat and I have officially decided that all of this is Terry's Fault.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I don't give a shit - Tito is a piss-poor excuse for a fucking baseball manager, I have declared jihad on him, and henceforth all the disappointment and anger generated in me by the Boston Red Sox will be placed squarely on that moron's doorstep.
The Sox dropped last night's game to the Angels 8-3...the Blimp pitched a decent game, but he walked a shit-load of people and, as usual, the Sox were unable to make him pay for it.  The only three fucking runs the Sox scored were all on one-run homers (two by Damon, one by Ortiz.)  Tim Wakefield, God love him (if God existed), continued his streak of maddening inconsistency by essentially throwing batting practice for the Angels - how nice of him!  His outing was cut short when he took a line drive off of the back of his right shoulder.  Scary.  The ball appeared to be heading directly for his face.  Wakey will be getting a CT scan today to make sure that everything is okay.
The Angels are dangerously close to making onto my "Teams I Hate" list.  First of all, their dumb-ass fans booed for about ten minutes after Wakefield took that ball off the shoulder because they thought the runner should have been safe at first...A furry stuffed monkey would be able to tell you that the ball bounced off of Wakefield's shoulder and was caught by Nomar without touching the ground.  Maybe the rules are different in fucking California, but where I come from that's called an "out."  And then Donelly stared Pokey down for trying to bunt, which is so stupid and obnoxious that it defies comprehension.   One more incident and the Angels could find themselves nearly on par with the Oakland A's.  I said nearly.