The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Arroyo (3-7, 4.20 ERA) vs. Lohse (4-7, 4.87 ERA) tonight in Minnesota.
Looking ahead to August, the Sox play seven games against the D-Rays, seven games against the Tigers and six games against the Blue Jays.  Time to make some hay while the sun is shining.  I want to say that the Sox should be able to come out of the month with a significant improvement in the WC standings - perhaps even the divisional standings, too.  But with the way this team has played since the middle of May (sloppy, half-heartedly, incosistently, underachievingly, whatever,) I can't quite convince myself that it will be so.  I mean, would it really surprise anybody if they went one or two games over .500 in August?  Depressing.
Yet I'm looking forward to tonight's game - I haven't watched a Sox game since Pedro pitched in Baltimore, and I'm experiencing withdrawal.  C'mon Sox!  Please prove me wrong, PLEASE!