The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Wow - I can't believe I'm saying this but I am pleased as punch to have the opportunity: another great game from Derek Lowe yesterday! He shut out the Rockies for seven innings and in fact hasn't allowed an earned run in his last fourteen innings. Apparently whatever Mr. Lowe has been doing with the team psychologist has been working. And the ofense made its weekly appearance last night, scoring 11 runs, 5 of which belonged to David Ortiz. Papi Grande hit a two run, second-deck homer in addition to 3 other RBIs, which puts him back in the lead over Vladdy for American League ribbie king. Ortiz is on pace to hit something like 145 RBIs this year - I think everyone can now rest assured that last season wasn't just a "career year," right all you dirty pinstripers? Trot also had an excellent game, going 2-3 with a double. In fact, the only person that didn't really have a good game was my boy Manny. 0-4 - ouch.
Sox head to San Francisco to take on the Giants and that big mouthed, steroid-abusing cheater Barry Bonds. (Hey Barry, maybe everyone's not really racist, maybe they all just hate YOU. I know I do. I hope you get stripped of all your cheating-ass records, you make me sick, and I mean that honestly and sincerely from the bottom of my fucked-up heart.) I would like to say that the Sox have some sort of "momentum" going into tonight's game, but knowing them, they probably don't.
No word yet on Schill's ankle, although Remy said during the game last night that Schill called Tito from Boston yesterday and said that he felt great, so hopefully that's good news. I think they are doing the MRI today, so we should know more hopefully by tonight.
And in other news, just when I thought I had reached the nadir of my dislike for Nomar, he has to go on another whining campaign, just when the team needs it least. You know what, Nomar? I don't care about your goddamn feelings. If you have something to prove, then shut up and prove it. Didn't your little league coach ever tell you that there isn't an I in TEAM??? You don't see Trot out there whining about not being given a fair chance. I'm going to change Nomar's nickname from Mr. Useless to TradeBait. Get him outta here.
I read that Pedro and Manny were giving Fatso a couple baserunning lessons, naked and fresh out of the shower. Yowza! I'm having a really good time imagining what that would look like, but I really wish that I had photographic proof, heehee.