The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Well guess what everybody. I'm NOT watching the game tonight. That's right. Fuck 'em. I'm going out to see the midnight showing of "Fahrenheit 9-11" after work like all good Americans should do, and therefore I won't be home early enough to watch the tape of the "baseball game" (if that's what they're calling the lackadaisical shuffling that the Red Sox do these days.) I don't care if Pedro's pitching. I don't care what his record is vs. Jim Thome. I don't care if Manny hits his 19th homer. I'm NOT watching.
It doesn't matter even if they win tonight, as they will simply turn around and lose tomorrow since it is absolutely important above all else that the Sox avoid the dreaded "win streak."
Quote from Johnny Damon: "We haven't been that good in the last month. Everyone's under a microscope right now until we go out there and start winning games." Under a microscope - ya right. Not when you've got that cheesy bald little fuck in there patting all you lame-os on the heinie every time you lose a game to make sure that your feelings aren't hurt. Pussies.