The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

My baseball hierarchy: First there are the Red Sox - my beloved baseball team, the best baseball team in the whole wide world, regardless of standings or scoreboards. Next are two other teams that I lightweight follow, the Cardinals (my hometown team) and the Cincinnati Reds. Then there other baseball teams that aren't the Red Sox, Cards or, Reds and about whom I feel apathetic, like the White Sox, the Diamondbacks, and the Mets, for example. And then there are the other other teams that I really, really dislike. These teams fill me with loathing, and above and beyond simply disliking them, I actively root against them and wish only the worst things in life to happen to them. The Oakland A's, for example. I am proud to announce that there is a new addition to the latter category: the Colorado Rockies. This shitty team:
1) is named after a state, not a city. I hate that.
2) has someone named Kit Pellow playing for them.
3) has the most uneccessarily self-congratulatory announcers I have ever heard. I mean, I thought the YES announcers were bad (and they are, believe me - they are) but at least they have a winning record to back up all the smack they talk. The Rockies blow goats, yet the announcers haven't missed an opportunity to hate on the Red Sox the entire game. Look, it's not the Sox' fault that your hometown team is so shitty that they draw more fans from an away team. If you wanna be bitter at someone, be bitter at all the morons who live in Denver who never go to games because that franchise smokes dick.
4) Royce Clayton is one of the ugliest players in baseball.
5) if you conjugate the verb "to suck," each tense applies to the Rockies franchise history: sucks, has sucked, is sucking.
And speaking of sucking, the Sox are a fucking mess. What in the mother-fuck is wrong with this team? I'm not even going to write about it, as I would just be repeating myself from last night.
Trot homered in his second at-bat tonight. I found myself unconsciously grinning widely when I saw him step into the batter's box for the first time! I'm so excited to have him back in the lineup! Now we won't have to see so many at-bats by FatBoy - although Tito decided to pinch hit him tonight and guess what, he struck out.
Last year when the team was down late in the innings, I always felt like they were going to come back, even if there were only two outs left in the game. This year, when they trail in late innings, it just seems like they're dead in the water. I don't even want to watch anymore if they're still losing by the sixth. What in the fuck is going on?
(Note: right after I got done typing that they scored two runs in the ninth, but they still managed to lose the game so fuck em.)
I guess we'll find out about Schill's ankle tomorrow or the next day. He had a dicey start tonight, I hope that wasn't the cause of it. Fuck the Rockies.