The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Maybe the Sox would like to leave one more fucking man on base tonight. Fucking disgusting. I'm tired of watching this shit. 1)Tito, in all his infinite wisdom, puts KEVIN MILLAR in the fucking THREE HOLE and benches Ortiz. 2) Sox leave the bases loaded THREE FUCKING TIMES, once with no outs --- how in the fuck does that happen??? 3) Little Richard could strike Jason Varitek out. 4) So help me God I don't want to hear any excuses about the altitude. The team fucking botched it. If Trot weren't coming back tomorrow I'd be tempted not to watch the game at all. When is this mystic "spark" that the Sox are supposed to receive from the return of Trot and Nomar supposed to happen? Could someone send me a telegram so that I can tune in during that game, cause I'm tired of watching this half-ass garbage.
Four and a half games back. If the Sox keep playing like this they don't deserve to win the division. Please, Theo, tell us you have something up your sleeve! I can't take the disappointment!

....Okay, it was an angry rant. I'm over it. Of course I'll watch the game tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. But am I worried? You bet your bottom dollar I am.
Feel free to throw this entry back in my face when I'm raving about how well the team is doing in a couple of entries. Okay, think positive, think positive.....

Do you, as a Sox fan, ever feel like you're on that freaky boat ride in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, only instead of Gene Wilder at the helm it's Terry Francona and you're sitting there clutching frantically to Manny Ramírez who's more scared than you are and right next to you is Anastacio Martínez who's shrieking like a little girl -- only Francona doesn't actually have any ability to stop and/or control the boat and is actually just along for the tour like you are?
Cause I do.