The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Monday, June 07, 2004

I've decided that since it is an off-day, I'm going to make an off topic post. Well, first I'd like to announce a new addition to my "5 Favorite Red Sox" list: Mark Bellhorn, congratulations! You are now one of my top five favorite Red Sox players! Even though you strike out a lot, you are getting your fair share of walks, RBIs and clutch hits. You're no slouch on defense, you wear your socks high, and you look eerily similar to my friend Josh Lowe. So congratulations to Mark Bellhorn for earning a much-coveted spot on my Top 5 Favorite Sox Players list. Speaking of Bellhorn, has anyone seen that guy smile ever? My husband and I were just talking about this the other day - we've never seen his facial expression change one iota. Mark Bellhorn is the new Todd Walker. Only cooler. And Bellhorn doesn't look like Kevin Nealon's mini-me.
Off topic: here are some books I have just finished, I am reading right now, or I am about to read - Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, Candide by Voltaire, Women by Charles Bukowski (which I actually only made it 3/4 of the way through before it got so repetetive that I had to put it away) and Conversations with the Capeman by Richard Jacoby.
Off topic: the cicada infestation has finally made it's way to downtown Cincinnati, and I must say that those bugs are too dumb to live more than one month every seventeen years. I'm glad they will all be dead again in a week or two.
Off topic: When my cell phone rings, it plays "In Da Club" by 50 Cent.
The Song of the Day today is "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies. So many bands ripped the Pixies off that it's almost hard to remember how original they were at one point in time. I remember listening to this song when I was in my very early teens and not understanding what it was about. Now I know that it is about waiting for a drug dealer. Being an adult means finding out a bunch of stuff you never wanted to know, which is precisely why I refuse to grow up.