The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

First of all, I stopped for a beer on my walk home from work and found myself asking the ages-old question, "What's up with the 33 on the Rolling Rock bottles?" If you're curious like me, here is the answer.
Anyway, fun game tonight. Excellent performance from Schilling. Ortiz, Manny and Nomar all went yard. When Nomar came up to bat in the sixth after the Twins intentionally walked Manny to load the bases, Mike said "I know what's going to happen --- fly out to the infield." I shook my head. "I don't like the guy, but I'm going to have a little faith right now," I answered, and about two seconds after I said that TradeBait hit a grand slam. Sox went on to win the game 9-2. I'd like to predict this game as being a sort of turn-around point for the Sox, but again, every time I think this they turn around and lose two in a row just to make sure they build up absolutely no momentum whatsoever. So we'll see. You'll pardon me if I remain a skeptic.