The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Friday, May 14, 2004

WTF is up with this team? More errors, more runs allowed in the first inning - it's enough to make me dry-heave. Excuses? Schilling had this to say: "When your playing as many good teams as we have to play and you don't execute fundamental baseball you're not going to win more than you lose." Good teams?? Good teams??!? They've been playing the fucking Indians, Royals and Blue Jays, for christ's sake...the last "good" team they played was the fucking Rangers, and it was a sweep! And who do we have on the mound tonight to try to rectify their losing ways?? Derek-fricking-Lowe. Great. Just great. Derek Lowe with his almost 5-ERA and astroturf. I'm glad I'll be at work all night.
Speaking of headcases, BK is more of a freak than I thought. Trade him!
Anyone else feeling a little impatient with Tito right now?
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be linecooks: I cut the tip of my pinkie finger completely off yesterday cutting squash. While the wound itself isn't actually that bad, it bled from 3:00 until around 5:30, and now the band-aid is stuck to the wound and I'm not looking forward to ripping it off. Maybe it will loosen up in the shower...