The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Wow. Now Bill Mueller is on the DL - he will be having arthroscopic knee surgery and will be out for 6-8 weeks. Not as bad as missing Trot and Nomar has been, however. Youkilis seems pretty solid in the field and isn't as bad with the bat as, say, Cesar Crespo. Andy Dominique has been called up from AAA as well, and struck out last night in his major league debut.
I was pretty surprised when I got home from work last night and the score of the game was 9-2. I actually did a triple take to make sure it wasn't actually a zero instead of a nine. Not that I didn't think the Sox could win the game, it's just that when Tim Hudson is pitching, you don't expect to see a big score like that. Ortiz, Manny and Bellhorn came up big-time last night. I will admit to not really paying too much attention to the game, however, as I just discovered the fantastic world of Nintendo emulators and have been busy playing Castlevania, Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. What can I say - I'm a geek. And a slacker.