The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Friday, May 28, 2004

Usually somewhere around seven o'clock I'll be standing behind the line at work and catch a glimpse of the clock by the server's station and think "Damn, first pitch is in __ minutes, and service hasn't even started yet," or something along those lines. Last night was no different. But let me tell you, after I had my friend Shane call the bar upstairs around 8:30 to get the score my nightly regret at not being able to be home to watch the game completely disappeared.
It was an ugly game, but that's what happens every now and then. The Sox beat the Marlins something fierce last year, and then Florida went on to win the World Series. I'm not too torn up about it --- just grateful that I wasn't around to watch.
Trot is going to play seven innings in the field tomorrow as part of his rehab assignment. I'm ecstastic at the thought of Trot's return - it's like the season is starting all over again. I've completely quit worrying about Nomar because I like (read: prefer) Pokey.
When I walked into our apartment building and checked the mail last night I was pleasantly surprised to see Manny on the cover of Sporting News. Nothing in there we didn't already know. "This just in - he's a good hitter."