The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Monday, May 24, 2004

Tonight my husband and I went to our first Reds game of the season, and it was pretty damn enjoyable. We had great seats to watch the Reds complete their four-game sweep of the Astros, second row of the second tier of bleachers, surrounded by a rowdy bunch of hillbillies and frat boys, (several of whom were brandishing brooms.) Griffey Jr. (that's right, he's still not injured) crushed a 400+ foot homer to straight-away centerfield, and Austin Kearns hit another homerun that landed right below our seats. (I watched the highlights on ESPN and I could see myself in the stands. Unfortunately, Mike was at the concession stand buying me a Pepsi. True love!)
Also we just got our income tax return back and bought MVP Baseball 2005. If only our guinea pig hadn't chewed through the cord of our second PS2 controller....