The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Sox won. I'm watching the tape of the game right now, so I don't have anything to say about it yet. I just know that the score was 8-4.
But the thing that I wanted to do in this blog entry is give a shout out to my two favorite blogs in the blog-o-sphere. I decided to list two because I have two seperate categories of blogs that I read daily: Sox blogs, and then everything else (and the "everything else" is always baseball related, cause I'm a nerd like that.)
First of all, my favorite Sox blog is definitely Joy of Sox. This is the first blog I ever check when I'm on the computer. For one thing, Alan has great links, great thoughts, and great stats. For another thing, he talks a lot about politics as well, and his point of view just happens to be close to mine and a lot of the people I work with, so I stay informed on two fronts. So thanks a lot to Alan, who is my Sox blogging hero! (No sarcasm, for once!)
My other favorite blog, non-Sox related, is definitely Reds & Blues, a Reds blog written by Scott whom I attended all four years of high school with. And it's NOT just cause we're good friends. If you want to know ANYTHING at all about the Cincinnati Reds, just ask Scott. I'm serious. Anything. And added to that, he's funny as hell. And knowing how the Reds are doing keeps me in conversations with the dishwashers at work who normally eschew AL games as "boring." (Whatever.)
So I'm off to watch the game. But thanks to those two guys for doing a wonderful job. Never stop - I'm hooked!!!