The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Sunday, May 09, 2004

My prediction might come true after all. We have this ugly-ass yellow plastic chair that we dragged in from the hall a few months ago that people have started to draw all over in Sharpie marker. One of the pieces of graffiti on the seat of the chair is my old man's prediction for Manny's stats this year - slightly over-optimistic if you ask me but that's Mike for you. So I was cleaning up one day and suddenly a prediction of my own came to me, completely out of the blue, and I wrote it on the back cushion of the chair: "Pokey = .275 in '04." Mike comes home, takes one look at it, and tells me that I'm smoking crack. But thanks to the huge can of whoop-ass that Pokey opened today he's batting somewhere in the .260's, I believe.
Great game today - Schilling basically slammed the Royals up against a locker, stole their lunch money and sent them home crying for their mothers. Meanwhile the Sox were making it around the bases like it was a roller-derby, thanks to the in-the-park and nearly out-of-the-park home runs by Pokey Reese, a homerun by ::gasp:: David McCarty, and doubles by just about everyone else. Pokey Reese wins the Pimp of the Day award. Dave McCarty wins the Even Blind Squirrels Find the Occassional Nut award.
Mr. Useless took live batting practice today. Whoop-dee-doo. Okay, I think my insomnia has almost run its course. Time to lay it down. Goodnight!