The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Let me tell you. I HATE whenever they interview Ben Affleck. He's an annoying piece of trash, and I'm embarrassed that people who don't know anything about the Red Sox might think that he's some sort of ambassador for the team. He's not. He's a douchebag who's career is way past it's twilight, to borrow a Duquette-ian turn of phrase. I've got one word for you, Ben. GIGLI. Now get out of here, I think I just heard your mummy calling.
Speaking of grating, irritating things, is anyone else made sort of uncomfortable by that hotdog commercial where the guy is mooning over the hotdogs, talking about how "girthy" they are and how much he loves the word and the state of being that is "girthy," and then crams the hotdog into his mouth and like moans? Or am I the only perverted one? Ugh.
It is now the sixth inning of the Sox game. I walked in from work just in time to see Derek Lowe's less than spectacular yet singularly Lowe-ish fifth inning, wherein he allowed three runs to score. I'm nervous. Tito better not have pulled a Grady by sending Lowe back out there for one inning too many...