The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I forgot to mention some things last night because I was feeling tired and crabby. First of all, I couldn't be happier to see Byung Hyun Kim sent down to AAA...Actually, I could be happier if they just traded his ass away. He absolutely SUCKED the other day (2 runs scored on a passed ball had me raining down a hail of abuse onto the tv screen like no other,) and I hope that he gets the worst case of syphilis known to mankind. I hate to say "I told you so," but I frickin' told you so about this guy! (Whoever "you" is.) He's an injury prone headcase who can't relieve cause he doesn't "want" to, and who can't start because he sucks, and can't close because any slight amount of pressure causes this guy to melt like butter on a hot skillet. And this is the guy the Sox saw fit to pay $5 million a year for the next two years. Trade him for another bench player, trade him for a ham sandwich, I don't really care, just don't ever make me have to watch him "pitch" ever again.
Second of all, now that it seems that Nomar is getting close (I hope) to a return, who should play second? Reese the Golden Glover, or Bellhorn, the guy that is something ridiculous like third on the team in OBP? I really have a soft spot in my heart for Pokey (and I have my pride staked on my prediction that he was going to end up batting .275 this year,) but I have to say that except for maybe the days that D-Lowe is pitching, Bellhorn should be there. I like his approach at the plate - doesn't strike out a lot, draws a country-shit-load of walks - and his defense isn't that shabby either. I mean, if the Sox are behind and there are men on base with one or two outs, who would you rather have at the plate, Bellhorn or Pokey?