The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Monday, May 17, 2004

Boring game yesterday. Halladay finally managed to get a win against Pedro as our scrub-lineup was d-e-a-d dead once again, with the usual exception of Manny Ramírez, who got his 24th RBI yesterday. The umpire made some of the worst calls I have ever seen in a televised game of baseball. I heard during the game that the two run homer Pedro gave up was his seventh of 2004....the exact same number of homeruns he allowed during ALL of last season. I'm worried. I am. I can't help it.
Saturday's game was much better, although of course I was at work through the whole thing. Arroyo pitched a gem, shutting the Jays out for eight innings. Bellhorn, Ortiz and Youkilis all went deep - and Youkilis' homer came on only the second major-league at-bat of his career. I've read that he and Lenny DiNardo had to travel in skimpy Hooter's girls uniforms yesterday as part of rookie hazing. Picturing Kevin Youkilis in a Hooter's outfit makes me feel sort of....queasy.
The Sox are all resting down in Florida today, before they start a three game series at that dump they call Tropicana Field. Perhaps that screaming fat guy will be in the hospital undergoing septuple-bipass surgery...As if anything could make that ballpark any worse and more empty sounding, you've got some fat bastard screaming throughout the whole game, completely unhindered by any crowd noise as there is no crowd because that team has no fans. You can hear high pop flys rattling around the catwalks over the television broadcast, it's that quiet in there...I hate the Trop.