The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Friday, April 02, 2004

"The Rivalry." Dear Media: Please. I beg you. Go away. Stop writing about the Red Sox and Yankees. I can't stand it anymore. Seriously. Make Dan Shaughnessy EARN a living and send him to Bagdhad, tape Millar's mouth shut, whatever it takes. Just no more analyzing, no more documentaries, no more "curse specials." I'm about to hole myself up in a concrete bunker with cyanide tablets hidden under my tongue in case a copy of SI should pop through the mail slot. At this point I don't even care if the "journalist" in question is a Sox fan or even a baseball fan - I've just heard enough. Pretty soon even the sight of Pedro playing bocci ball with Zim's face isn't going to be funny anymore. So find something else to hype. Go write about Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony. Get lost. You're not welcome here anymore.