The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Sunday, April 11, 2004

For all ya'll haterz out there, put Pedro's last start in your pipe and smoke it. As I said before, I don't care if Pedro never throws another pitch above 90mph ever again, as long as he keeps striking people out. Petey looked nasty, and with some help from Manny, Ortiz and Bellhorn ended up with the W. Sox 4, Jays 1.
This is my reenactment of Ortiz's at-bat in the 12th inning of today's game:
Ortiz: Hey Lopez, do you like apples?
Lopez: Ya, who doesn't?
Ortiz (as he's trotting around second): Great! How do you like them apples?
Mr. Clutch was back at it today, smashing a two-run walk-off homer into the Moster seats to bring the Sox a 6-4 victory over the Blue Jays. Schilling looked good, having acrued 8 k's by the time my parents came to get us in the sixth inning. Imagine our surprise when we got home from Easter dinner and the game was still on. Mark Malaska had a fantastic shut-out 1 2/3 innings, and then we all know how the game ended.
I have to say that it was wrong of me to be so down on Tito the other day, that I realize that he had no one else in the bullpen to go to, and that it is only the first couple games of the season. So Tito, I'm apologising....for now. This doesn't mean, however, that I no longer DETEST Bobby "Why Won't You Just Throw A Fucking Strike" Jones or Ramiro "DL" Mendoza.
Next game is Tuesday against Baltimore again. Man, I'm already sick of watching that team!