The Boston Red Sox: Defenders of the 2004 World Championship!! "Whoever plunges into his experiences with the momentum of hope, will remember so that he cannot forget." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Saturday, March 27, 2004

I couldn't make this shit up. If you don't know me in personal life, I'm one of two fish cooks at a five star French restaurant here in Cincinnati. It's pretty upscale, as you can imagine - a very elegant dining room, very attentive service, all that. In addition to the dining room, we also have two large rooms on the second floor which people can buy-out for the purpose of having us cater a party to them on the premises. We do about 4-5 of these parties a week, on average. Last night we had a party for 40 people upstairs. They're getting a four course meal, with the course off of fish station being the scallop appetizer - nothing unusual. Except for the fact that the dinner is to be served in complete darkness, with the servers all wearing nightvision goggles. I'm not lying, so help me God. I ran upstairs to the party room as soon as I heard about this shit, and sure enough, there's a server walking out of the party room looking like Jame Gumb in "Silence of the Lambs," only wearing a tuxedo. Un-fucking-believable. It was some kind of dating service that hosts dinner parties in the dark, that's their gimmick. But talk about bizarre. I've never seen anything like that before in my life. I put the nightvision goggles on, it was pretty cool. It made me want to put on a woman suit and chase Jodi Foster around the restaurant with a .45 magnum.
In baseball news, Sox beat the Pirates 5-1, with Arroyo throwing 72 pitches in 6 innings, 1 ER, 4 Ks.